Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

It's that time of year again flowers, chocolates, cards, stuffed pink dogs saying, "I love you" and anything else having to do with Valentine's day. Err I'll be honest I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's day. Why you may ask? Because for one the color pink, me and the color pink just do not get along even though my sister's favorite color is pink. Another reason, when I was in 5th grade I got some number of cards and with weird cartoons or people then to add to that candy. Then the comes the card that say be mine? I think that scared me more then anything and still does to this day. Of course even with Cole liking me and vise versa it's still kinda weird. Personally I'm interested to see what happens but also kinda freaked out. It kinda makes me think what my sister Faith said. She was pretty straight forward and said I heard people thinking you were going to end up alone. Really? Although I wouldn't have an issue with that, I just thinks she's jealous. Then Em and I were babysitting last week and I told I never really imagined a wedding or really getting married. At least that's what I remember when I was younger. Still when I was in 5th grade I was basically one of the guys and kinda always have been. Well now it's all good I have an actual real girlfriend that is totally like my sister and helping me bring out my girly side opposed to my dude side. Now I'm just elaborating on about freaky stuff of my really bad past. Anyway I'm not trying to ruin all the Valentine's Day jitters, but I'm just kinda not a hundred percent certain on this holiday. However, the one thing best is it reminds me of my true lover: Jesus Christ and my my father here on earth. My Father in Heaven came as a man and none the less to live eternity as a man forevermore for me. He paid my sin and bore the wrath of YAHWEH all for me, to put the mark that I am His beloved and He is mine! My earthly father who has raised me up in The Lord, protected me from dangers like young men and he has taught me how to do much much more. But for me that is enough I don't need flowers, nor chocolates, nor stuffed dogs saying I love you and no pink, but the blood of The Lord that flows from His wounded side. John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." There are 531 results in the Bible. Amazing how Christ loves us more then we can fathom, His love is deeper then the ocean, His mercies new every morning and His vastness as big as the universe. He has lived in us and loved us, saved us called us by name and He is so amazing I can't describe how awesome is He to rescue me from sin.
Happy Valentine's day anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment