Friday, February 15, 2013

Different Outcome: Proceeding Changes

This may sound really weird especially coming from me. Remember how I said I wanted change? Yeah I think most of us do, I'm glad I didn't accept "grow where you're planted". I just thought I'd tell you more about the church I'm currently attending. It's really not horrible don't get me wrong but it's not my style. The nice thing though is my sisters can understand the sermons and my parents have almost always been in a seeker style church since they got married almost 20 years ago and that's how they serve. Now what am I doing here? Well, I'll list a few reasons. One my parents go there and I can't drive to check out any other place (or in my case go back to Covenant of Grace) <---- That's not an option unless to visit for now. Two perhaps it is just to help set up and tear down. Basically to serve it could just be that I don't know. Actually the only reason I decided to accept going here is because I felt welcome and made new friends and I did not want to say good bye to them that quick. Then the moment where I met Cole. It's actually one of my shortest stories. We went to church that Sunday and they were having a picnic and I was talking to my newly founded friend Alexi, I talk about how I like getting into debates (yes it's true and awfully prideful of me) anyway, we talk, time to get some chow, I'm clueless I don't know many of these people and Cole and Dylan wanted me to sit with the youth so I did. We talked a bit and raced in one of the blow up thingies. Then Cole and Dylan sit by me for the introduction for the youth group (unfortunately we didn't stay) but then everyone asks, "will we see you again?" Yeah next week at youth. Well that next week came and then mom asks, "how do you like the youth group and the lesson?" ^^ Same reason, didn't want to say goodbye that quick. I think you all recall me telling you of Cole and I getting close, yes? Well that's the scary part, we only met in September. Yeah it scares me because before this I never in a million years saw it coming. <----- Probably should have told you that "love story" the other day. Awkward....
Now do I regret this at all? Meh it would have been better not telling everyone we're not leaving when we actually did. I beat myself up because of all people I should've saw it. <---- I certainly feel pretty stupid. However, it's nice getting that chance I asked for, but really this was what I wanted, but defiantly not the way I was hoping for. Still I'm in the same boat not really coming to church to learn or worship, I know that may sound really sad but it's true. On the bright side there has been a small amount of fellowship. So if now the question in your head is, "do you plan on becoming a member?" The answer is, I'm debating so far to my knowledge the answer is no. Now this might sound selfish but to tell you the truth I just don't see it as relevant because I could be thinking about leaving either the church or state as many of you all know I plan on going aboard.
To tell you the truth I think it will be interesting to see what happens. Funny story. So this year we could have moved to the East Coast, but we didn't. But the funny part is Faith was like, "if you go anywhere Cole will be so distraught and devastated if you leave!" Clearly my sister is jealous of me. ^______^
Okay sorry I'm done with that.
So who knows but I suppose change is still in season and I'm still in winter. Still I think my anxiety is starting to take its toll. But hey! I can't wait to see what God does through my weaknesses even though change has been raining and my life is in a drought. Hence this could b e a season for fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment