Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sometimes The Known is Just as Bad as the Unknown

Let me just start off this post with saying I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting this. Actually poor choice of words right there, see for I think about two days I've been thinking about it, and by "it" I mean by people who don't really know what their doing in there life. Probably the most irritable part about this post is that I know where I'm going to be, and I've known since I was 13. Anyway I'm just going to get started on this post. Now that we've officially started I'm sure many of you know it is basically my ambition, and most of all my goal. If you're thinking, "It must be great to actually know God's calling for you, that is in comparison to me, I don't know a thing about where I'm going to be." Well, let's be honest, it most certainly goes both ways, and either way it can be really frustrating. In more simple terms, even if you do know what you're going to be doing you are still going to end up waiting; patiently or impatiently over any amount of time and no, I am really not trying to stretch the truth here, I just want to tell you the way I see it. I can't completely relate to what it's like to not know, although from what I understand, you're anxious, worried, annoyed, and feel helpless; and trying not to lose hope. On the other hand if you know what you are doing --and trying to take off and run with it-- you know if you are waiting you'll be on the brink of going batty because impatience has the better part of you. But last week I was asked by a part of a book I was reading it stated, "You must do some serious thinking about your ambitions and ask yourself, 'Is my ambition my master or my servant?" -John White  Talk about major conviction! So even while waiting you just really want to get the "a-O.K". I've kind of taken to heart that during both you can rest in the Almighty's wings and you don't have to be anxious or feel anxiety; you just trust God, and the most humbling thing to realize is that you've failed to trust God, so that got me thinking as I typed up this up earlier, "What about faith the size of a mustard seed and what about faith that can move the mountains?"  and maybe you're thinking the same thing too. Well, I decided to look it up in the Greek the words faith, trust, and hope. --since we have a pretty awesome Greek parallel Bible-- So let me get started here;
"pistis; from peitho8, to persuade. Being persuaded, faith, belief. In general it implies such a knowledge of, assent to, and confidence certain divine truths, especially those of the gospel, as produces good works. . ."
*Peitho; trust.
But I liked this definition:
"Pistos; faithful with the following meanings: certain, worthy to be believed (1 Tim. 1:15; 3:1; 4:9); true, just, trustworthy, observant and steadfast to one's trust, words or promises. . ."      
Personally as I look at the words and definitions I think of Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."
So now we have hope:
"Elpis; hope, desire of some good with expectation of obtaining it (Acts 16:9; Rom. 5:4; Titus 1:2; 1 John 3:3). The object of hope, the thing hoped for. . . The foundation or ground of hope . . . Trust, confidence in someone, when used with eis. . . , in unto, following (1 Pet. 1:21). Confidence security (Acts 2:26) " So my conclusion to faith like a mustard seed, it's about faith, hope, trust, and wait patiently for the LORD; to know and trust Him. Or in a more simple term Hosea 6:3,
"Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; His going out as sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as spring rains that water the eatrh." Now the second part of the question, "what about faith that can move the mountains?" darn good question. My personal thoughts are knowing that you are appointed to do something; a position weather you know at the time or not. Whatever it is you are sure to make much of Christ as you re called by Him. No doubt about it. Not only that, but I want you to know, that when you have faith too trust in God's will you will have the ability to move the mountains and that you can worship while your waiting.
Well that's all I have for now I'll be back posting about "Through The Night."

No comments:

Post a Comment