Sunday, March 17, 2013

Opportunity Knocking

Looks like we're moving again! Not half way across the complex, nor half across the country, rest assured my friends it's just further up the road. So with opportunity, yes it's knocking, it also seams to be more in my vocabulary then ever, and not to mention I'm doing ministry at Cottonwood. Actually it's just doing power point, running the cameras and so it could be “missions work” in perspective. But with things like opportunity I have a funny story that I may or may not have fully told you, but I'll tell you anyway and it too kinda throws the idea of moving. So it was September last year as we moved and the thought of wondering where God wanted me... Well I wanted to go to Dallas, Texas and something told me that was desperation of wanting to go on some sort of missions trip. So I plan and not very enthusiastically I might add, so as it soon came to my attention it's not going to happen. Next off I look at my list of summer camp jobs and I looked more closely at Crestridge and found stuff on YouTube about the camp. I was excited and ready to go! (With the exception after I turn 17 or 18). Look deeper... Oh it's in North Carolina... That changes everything or so I thought... Lets just finish this story here, yes I still plan on going and that's where moving comes in. Reason number one is because my thoughts (wondering, wild, and mysterious) as they come I thought this summer would be my last in New Mexico and that was not just because I was job hunting out of state, it was because Dad's job nuff said. So first week in May we are moving and then to see what's next.
Next off on opportunity, the way I see it it comes down to decision making... Um well it's scary because I'm just that weirdo who looks ahead thinking nothing to worry about (except changed plans) but that's nothing in comparison to the thoughts of soon quick decisions that's what scares me.
Another thing: change with opportunity, well not even me can comprehend those two words together. Why you may ask? Well because for me I thought when opportunity came it was in your "specialty" not something totally new but once again I was wrong.
The joy of opportunity is the fact that I plan something (I do a lot of planing, believe me this is nothing new under the sun) but I plan in my perspective it's more of "walking by faith" but that's just my thinking of it. Next on piece of it adds to me realizing, "oh well God has something different planed and here we go again on my next 'adventure'". And once again I am wowed. So I'll gladly inform you of what's next hopefully more opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment