Thursday, February 28, 2013

Humbled and Amazed

"'Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.'
There is a satisfaction in life thatall men desire and seek. None are exempt. Some have already found this satisfaction in life, which is why they have been set apart. Today, the Lord wants to give us all this satisfaction if we only ask.
None can satisfy us more than our Lord. None can ever come close. God will guide us always; He will satisfy our needs and strengthen us. Even when we are thrown into a sun- scorched land, filled with trials, storms, and struggle. Failure after failure, the Lord our God still satisfies our souls,even when we may feel empty, robbed, persecuted, and abandoned.
It is easy to get our spirits down and wallow in our sorrow, instead of turning to our Lord. He is the only One who can satisfy. But what is this satisfaction we are longing for? It is definitely more than our physical needs,more than our temptations or even the necessary ingredients keeping us alive.
This satisfaction thatcomes from the Lord satisfies our souls. It satisfies us to the point where we are a well-watered garden, a spring whose waters never fail, EVEN IN A SUN-SCORCHED LAND.
Our Father in Heaven cannot be replaced. No other is like our God. None can satisfy our human bodies and souls; none but You O Lord. No one else compares or can even be measured. How sad it is when we can put other gods or ways of life in the same sentence with our Lord Jesus Christ."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
If you read yesterday's post then you know that I was exhausted. So I get on Facebook check my stuff after I walked the dogs since my sisters were at our neighbors house spending the night and I stayed up to about 10:30, but then I actually get into bed and I'm just shaking. I put down my iPod and start to pray. I prayed most of all for the Winter Retreat and our neighbor Lexi. I worship, but then I try to fall asleep and I just couldn't, so I read my Bible through my app on my iPod and it was Hebrews 12:2-17 , still couldn't sleep so then I go to another app "growing deeper everyday" and that's where I found the devotion up above. Ooh wow was I humbled and amazed at just right then and there I was just awestruck at God's timing and just from seeing so many things in God's timing I should tell you all about them (sooner then later).
Anyway, I had posted on the Youth Group asking for prayer about my anxiety because I am just sick of it, some people said they were praying so that's good! But then this morning mom and I go to get water, she asks if I was anxious about the Winter Retreat, nope I'm just fine, she then tells me Mrs.DerGregorian (a friend of a friend of mine and my friend) apparently messages my mom on Facebook saying she worries about me, uhh well thanks I'm practically speechless because honestly it's hard to believe someone would worry about me and I guess it's me coming to see both my weakness and the diversity of the body if Christ (but the diversity of the body of Christ has blown me away in months past, especially since I moved ) I defiantly think of Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Now don't get me wrong I'm really tired of the anxiety, but I'm also thankful for it because in my weakness God has been teaching me to pray and worship. Oh it's just great! I think Satin is pretty downright scared. I think of Job and his sufferings and yet he still stayed with the LORD. I think of the end in Job and its Job 42:1-6 "Then Job replied to the LORD: 'I know that You can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted. You ask, 'Who is this that obscures My counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. 'You said, "Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.' My ears had heard of You but now my eyes have seen You. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."
That's what I call surrender. I find it interesting because many people don't really read the Old Testament, I personally like it. Think of it this way, if you've read Shakespeare, first you don't understand a thing, but then you get into it and it becomes easier to translate, well the Old Testament is the same way and it starts to apply to our lives today. So yes the anxiety comes and goes and just finds a way to weaken me. Honestly I think many of you who know me know I am not usually weak, but truth is, yeah I'm pretty weak and fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment