Monday, January 28, 2013

New Beginnings?

Undoubtedly I've been going under some drastic change in my life. I've been consistently in thought about wanting to change and especially before the new year. Kinda like when someone wants to come to Christ but they insist that they want to clean up they're lives first. Well pretty much the same principle applies here. I kept repeatedly saying on my Facebook, "I want change" well then everyone kept telling me, "grow where you're planted" then to think at church yesterday the basic thing the pastor kept saying was "quit fussing about it and pray about it!" That was pretty much the only thing that has grabbed my attention since I started going to this church. Anyway lit makes me think back to September 2012 I felt out of place no knowing where God wants me. Well now with going to this new church there has been slight improvements on knowing where God has me and I think He's training me to be a leader in some way. Now your probably asking the same thing I was at first, why is God teaching me to be leader? Great question. Well it consists with my last post with jobs and so fourth. So basically I want to be a camp councilor, yes, yes I do. So that's what I do believe God is teaching me. Now on to change further explanation. I was reading my devotions this morning and we all know for the past month I've pretty much been in affliction and if you must depression. So I'm just reading along through Leviticus 27 and it's talking about discipline and the Israelites. The part that stood out to me said, "But this passage shows what God really wanted to accomplish with such warnings, and also what God meant when He said that He is slow to anger (see Exodus 34:6). God warned His people of sin's consequences for the same reason a parent warns his child of danger __ to protect and provide for them out of love. God wanted His people to prosper through their compliance to His design for life." I was absolutely stunned! As it goes on later the author says, "Our day-to-day experiences and hardships can sometimes seem overwhelming. God allows these events to happen to help us grow, not to curse us. We need to see that God's purposes are to help us live as He designed us to live and bring about continual growth in us. Jeremiah 29:11 puts it this way: '"For I know the plans I have for you,' says the LORD. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'" And at the end before the reading to sum up the entire devotion the author says, "Endure hardships as God's teaching tool; ask God to teach you through every difficulty."
If that doesn't show you God's sovereignty, grace and that He watches over His sheep I don't know what will _aside from John 10_ but just to see the astronomical things He's teaching me through these things. The reason I say "astronomical" is because yesterday I decided to stay up late and watch something I've been wanting to for some time. If you want to take a few hours to get into space and see how amazing God is I encourage you to look up Louie Giglio symphony (I lift up my hands) and indescribable. I watched both of them and I was just astonished at how astronomical God really is.
My point is that very change I've been looking for has been in a entire process since the first of the month.
So that my one of two part change in season. Next I'll tell you the change of heart in worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment