Monday, February 4, 2013

From Struggle to Surrender (out of the depths)

I think we all now by now that I've been really struggling with the change I so desperately wanted because it meant me getting out of my comfort zone. Well I'll admit I was always so convinced oh I have no comfort zone I think we all know I do now. Yeah my own pride slapped in my face. But on to the real argument from struggle to surrender. Over the past 3 days I've been in between dog sitting and baby sitting then of course being a bum and watching the Super Bowl. That's the American life, eh? I guess that covers mine currently. So back on track, Sunday pastor Dan Cooley talking about surrender or commonly know and titled as worship. Honestly at this church I'm just getting bits and pieces that grab my attention. However it was about great for the last few minutes where I actually had laughed in a sermon (first time in awhile believe it or not) but then kneeling before God in silence. Personally it was a half decent Sunday opposed to a few others. It's been a roller coaster because for me I'll admit I can be pretty bull headed and stubborn if I don't want to do something or if I just want the world to revolve around me. But now with worship I'm not really part of singing praise on Sunday morning. Surprisingly it's not really anxiety anymore. So with worship go in bed pray go on YouTube and just pick songs to sing. One of the songs I absolutely love is "Out of The Depths" and it's a great reminder that we may fail to trust God's promises but how we see mercy in His hands and more then watchmen for the morning I will wait for you my God and when the harvest time is over and I still see no fruit I will wait for You. Makes me think of Job how God allowed the devil to take everything and yet Job still rejoiced and then God blesses him. And in Habakkuk 3:17-19 Habakkuk trusts God. Psalm 130 the psalmist cries out. They all surrender and yet like a stubborn donkey I fail to trust God because at times I am selfish and I think my way is better. I need to surrender and behold the Lamb if God because I am not my own. So out of the depths I cry to to oh Lord though I am tempted to despair. What do I have to learn is to fully trust on God. So rather then struggle turn it into surrender let Christ save you from your disaster and surrender yourself and kiss the Son. (Psalm 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment