Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lead Me To The Cross (Worship)

Worship has been the biggest most significant exuberant thing in my life as it should be. But sometimes it's hard to worship because of inconsolable circumstances. It defiantly for me coming back to the heart of worship and having Christ lead me to the cross. I think of the days when I was younger, worship was joyful and fun. But to consider the fact we didn't know what we know now and that changes everything. Now with worship I try to praise God but there are some days where it's pretty easy and some days where I am just out of breath, heart racing and anxiety takes over to where if I try to sing I get really week. I don't know if you've ever felt like that but I'll tell you it's hard place to get out of. I think the reality of a lot of this is because things are changing and I'm learning new things about worship and styles of praising God. My style of worship has always been very calm and slow and made me come to the cross broken yet always bringing me back to the heart of worship. The style I'm learning now is joyful and upbeat not that it's bad or anything but it's just different and when they played a more calm song I started to come back a to the heart of worship. It's always nice to come back and worship. And over the past year my worship experience has changed completely because as mentioned I play guitar. I'm getting better and tonight I learned how to finger pick so it's defiantly going to make an impact for my worship experience. I do believe my Bible studying is going to be on worship since there is 120 results in the Bible. Anyway if your like me and struggle to worship just lift up your hands sometimes it's the only thing you can do to worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment