Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thoughts, Thoughts and More Thoughts

Well 3 days later and some serious thought over several topics, so brief overview of some of the thoughts.

-I'm having one of the moments where I feel like all is vanity and there's nothing new under the sun. It's the same every week I want to get up and set up for church, go to church, learn a nip of information that may be helpful later on and just keep fighting to go back and fourth between two places at once. If you're asking, "are you depressed or something?" Well that's off the deep end of thinking. I am alright, but just flustered and annoyed by what's going on. However, I have the bright moments of Sunday like when I have some people reach out to me reminding me, "keep your head up and smile" :D and I'm happy I have my two buddies Sam and Cole making sure all is well.

-The word desire. Man that word has been stuck in my head dying to find a meaning that fits the christian meaning. I thought and thought, and thought some more. Well the word "desire" is used 87 times. Woo that just narrowed things down. Well lets define some of it in my thoughts.
_To long or hope for.
_To be used by God.
_Purpose inside.
_The will of God.
_Giving your life to God.
_Seeing God be glorified in my life.
_giving up life to serve God.
_Being the hands and feet of God.
_Moving ahead bold and confident.
_Taking ever steep in obedience.
_Finding delight in God's will for your life.
And some verses: Matthew 9:13, Colossians 3:1-17, Philippians 1:19-30, Romans 7:14-20, Psalms10:17, Psalms 73:25-26 and Isaiah 58.
Still it's pretty difficult to define even though it is basically to long or hope for. I know it seems pretty easy to define but in the Hebrew it translated in 27 different ways including the root. The one that struck me was Hedone (Greek ἡδονή.) Means desire, pleasure, or enjoyment. That was probably one of the more striking ones the other was a stronger negative form. Katastreniao (καταστρηνιάω.) translated desire. It means to burn fiercely, to be covetous, to be sensually stimulated.
That one really grabbed me.

Leadership-
There was a talk on the subject today at church. I found it interesting the talk. However it's been a good thing to learn definitely still much more to learn. I'll get to the point, it's a ongoing consistent learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment