Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Enemy Part 2 Guilt

I know how you were probably all expecting "pride" to be the next one, but I decided to do guilt because that's kinda where I'm at.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
One of the reasons us as Christians feel so defeated in life is because of guilt and it is perhaps the biggest impact on our lives. There are two types of guilt and I want you to know the difference between them.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
_Godly Sorrow that leads to Repentance:
When ever we sin repeatedly and God wants us to recognize it He puts guilt there to tell you, "hey man, you're sinning and I'm not cool with that". So once a person repents, the guilt lifts and they feel relieved and joyful that their sin(s) have been forgiven and no longer is it an issue.

 _Accusations from the Devil:
We all know the Devil loves to remind us of past sins and make us feel so dirty, unclean and so unworthy. The newest that has come to me is that Satan can also place thought in your mind and make you feel guilty of something you've never even done! It's a lie from "the father of lies, and we need to ignore it!

_Let's resolve this:
Repentance is great because we know that Christ is making us like His perfect Son, and there is no longer any condemnation. Just as Romans 6:1-14 says,
"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?  By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with that we should no longer be slaves to sin because anyone who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace."

And so when Satan tries to mess with our heads (like he has been mine) we need to ofter remember who we are in Christ!
2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come The old has gone, the new is here!"
Guilt is the door to let Satan in. Now it's hard I know for us not to grow weak and weary because we are only flesh. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Observe the Biblical perspective of clean:

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let us settle the matter,”
says the Lord.“Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

Ezekiel 36:26-28
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God.


Isaiah 43
Isaiah 43
“Israel's Only Savior
But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.
Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your offspring from the east,
and from the west I will gather you.
I will say to the north, Give up,
and to the south, Do not withhold;
bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the end of the earth,
everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”
Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes,
who are deaf, yet have ears!
All the nations gather together,
and the peoples assemble.
Who among them can declare this,
and show us the former things?
Let them bring their witnesses to prove them right,
and let them hear and say, It is true.
“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor shall there be any after me.
I, I am the Lord,
and besides me there is no savior.
I declared and saved and proclaimed,
when there was no strange god among you;
and you are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and I am God.
Also henceforth I am he;
there is none who can deliver from my hand;
I work, and who can turn it back?”
Thus says the Lord,
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“For your sake I send to Babylon
and bring them all down as fugitives,
even the Chaldeans, in the ships in which they rejoice.
I am the Lord, your Holy One,
the Creator of Israel, your King.”
Thus says the Lord,
who makes a way in the sea,
a path in the mighty waters,
who brings forth chariot and horse,
army and warrior;
they lie down, they cannot rise,
they are extinguished, quenched like a wick:
“Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
The wild beasts will honor me,
the jackals and the ostriches,
for I give water in the wilderness,
rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people,
the people whom I formed for myself
that they might declare my praise.
“Yet you did not call upon me, O Jacob;
but you have been weary of me, O Israel!
You have not brought me your sheep for burnt offerings,
or honored me with your sacrifices.
I have not burdened you with offerings,
or wearied you with frankincense.
You have not bought me sweet cane with money,
or satisfied me with the fat of your sacrifices.
But you have burdened me with your sins;
you have wearied me with your iniquities.
“I, I am he
who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,
and I will not remember your sins.
Put me in remembrance; let us argue together;
set forth your case, that you may be proved right.
Your first father sinned,
and your mediators transgressed against me.
Therefore I will profane the princes of the sanctuary,
and deliver Jacob to utter destruction
and Israel to reviling.”

Psalm 103
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
 Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.


 The Lord works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:
 The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
 The life of mortals is like grass,
they flourish like a flower of the field;
 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
 But from everlasting to everlasting
the Lord’s love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children’s children
 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.
  The Lord has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.
 Praise the Lord, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word. Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.  Praise the Lord, all his works
everywhere in his dominion
Praise the Lord, my soul.
 
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I love Psalm 103 verse 12 "as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us."
To think we have not explored our entire universe and that is how far our sins have been removed!
Isaiah 43 is also a favorite because we Christ's beloved and He is ours! 

 
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Also with Easter being next week we are sure in our salvation because Christ Jesus died and rose again! Blessed Assurance probably being the song for the season. Who ever said you couldn't say 'Tis the season in March?
So Christ has rissen and if we are truely been born of Christ we have rissen and burried with Him!
Let us keep confident in who we are in Christ! And do as Phillippians 3:14 says, 
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Let's stop struggling with guilt and remeber we can break free!

2 comments:

  1. You put your thoughts down very effectively. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More on guilt. This is where I got some of my information. http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/dealing_with_guilt.php

    ReplyDelete