Monday, April 22, 2013

The Reality of Trust in God

So last night my sisters and I had stayed up until midnight watching Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I must say after that I was exhausted and so I went to bed, but that wasn't all, see I normally listen to music only last night (or technically this morning) I was praying and after that I slept pretty good. Then at 7:30am my alarm goes off and I have to unlock my iPod and turn off the sound so I am not to be bothered by the alarm again. Now being of the hour of 9:00am I get up to read one of my three devotions, first was Sarah Young, Jesus Calling and it was saying basically to listen to God. Well I was more convicted at one of the scriptures, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." ~Proverbs 19:21
There was a little thought about it, now I come out in the living room to get my second devotion book, Closer Walk, Bruce H. Wilkinson and once again convicted by scripture that said, "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirt, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things" ~John 14:26
I still go on reading and it has Walk With R. A. Torrey, next thing you know I'm reading, "We need only remember that this responsibility is not really upon us but upon another, the Holy Spirt. If He is permitted to do the work, our fears and cares will vanish."
So by this time I had realized God really wants me to learn to trust Him, and being that me trusting in Him will be the glue that holds all those things that the Lord will one day do with me! Pretty stoked.
Then I go to write in my "Prayer Journal" and at the top I put a quote from either the devotion or a scripture that adds to what I've been taught. Now without really even being aware of it I think Proverbs 3:5-? so I go to my Bible to copy Proverbs 3:5-8 after I read through it to see what I was to copy, Proverbs 3:5-8 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment to your bones."So now I write in the little section Prayer Request(s) and first thing I write,
"That I may trust in the Lord".
Yeah I'm pretty sure God wants me to learn to Trust in Him at all times. Give me a minute I'll explain what I feel God's telling me to learn and what He's teaching me. See I kind knew that I was lacking in faith because I have gone looking ahead and all that other stuff, thus getting me anxious. See God has those little things of God we don't see, then when we do we are like, "oooohhhh now I see what you're doing God! Wow good think you're in charge". Another reason I've pretty much failed was me getting ahead of myself, I thought, "oh hey look at me I'm walking by faith"... Uhh now I kinda see I was laking because I totally wasn't thinking fully.  Personally the anxious feeling could have just been God saying trust Me Mel, I got this just keep walking.
Now my explanation of what I feel God is teaching me and wanting me to learn:
LEADERSHIP: Well, I may have said this a while back, but it still remains to be true. Being the fact that the summer camp I've been looking at had the jobs of being a leader I think it would be ideal.DISCIPLESHIP: I suppose to me it's a better... well more effective way of teaching the Bible. That way I'm not stumbling all over the place trying to put a basic view over theology.FORGIVENESS: I'm not sure why. Maybe for what ever reason it is I'll be glad God has taught me this part of grace.LOVE: Not sure why either, I just assume it it to show the love of Christ to all believers and nonbelievers. Oh I almost forgot about my third devotion! So it was about our foundations being shaking, thus it meant more to me about trusting in God. Actually I wasn't so sure about the devotions, but here I'll give you my list of verses and I guess short notes.
Proverbs 19:21
Psalm 9:9-10
Psalm 62
Isaiah 12
Jeremiah 12:7-10
Zephaniah 3:1-2 *I thought it as a prayer so that I may do what Isreal didn't.*
Matthew 11:25-30
Psalm 16:8
1 Peter 5:7
I had actually put a note at the top say, "Today's key is to TRUST in God at all times!"


Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
~Corrie Ten Boom


1 comment: