Monday, April 1, 2013

This Is Me, This Is My Heart, And This Is My Broken Heart Project

So today's title, “This Is Me, This Is My Heart, And This Is My Broken Heart Project” is really going to be you guys getting to actually see what God is preparing for me and really a deeper look into my heart of my compassions and desires to glorify Christ Jesus. I hope it inspires you and encourages you.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
To begin my post I want to tell you of a personal experience that was really cool. So I went to Denver, Colorado in 2010 and Russ (our leader) gave us Bibles to put a scripture or two and then give it out to someone. Well I collected several verses and so I was ready to go. Well no I didn't forget it, but the dog got and chewed it. Well the Bible is food but spiritual I'm pretty sure it's not an apple. Anyway I love how God works because the day I got rid if mine we had nothing really planed so my group went to the park and knowing me I love football and so I wanted to play catch and thus it was. While others took a walk. So then as we're tossing around the football two guys just join us and we talk back and fourth and so one of the guys were talking and he kinda lost his way with walking with Christ. Oh I was so happy I could give away my Bible because I did not want to take it home.
So this may have been my first missions trip but it was not the start of the fire that set my heart ablaze to missions. So now I'll tell you of how this has happened and everything.
So since I was a kid as far back as I can remember it was there. Well I can tell you every time someone talked about serving God in anyway like third world missions or just anything.
I remember my mom always saying, “God is going to do something special with you” so that's that.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Now I'm really taking it to a new level at first is was Dallas, Texas but no, however I still have the general ideas of what missions in the States could be like. Well I should tell you I will be collecting Bibles so if you have any you don't want/use that's fine I'll take them as long as it's not like falling apart.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So how is it I'm taking it to the next level? Well let me explain. As said I feel this is my last year in New Mexico and I'm sorry but it's very bitter/sweet and I don't mind. Anyway enough of me and moving. My point how this involves me taking it to the next level is working at a summer camp as mentioned its camp Crestridge for girls and I really really like it because I can be an inspiration and leader for young ladies. This too is why I felt God telling me to learn leadership. Did I mention it's in North Carolina? Well it is and I love it there! So we'll see where God has me from there.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So to my heart it seems as though I find missions is my calling of God's will and now to see where else God will take me.
You should all know I don't mind this at all it's exciting and the best part is seeing but by bit.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Now with serving I'm hoping to Haiti and serve there and if I can I'd like to go to an orphanage in Mexico and even go to India to serve there. Personally I don't know where I'm going to end up in the world of missions but I guess I have time to find that out now don't I?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.facebook.com/melody.morgan.meyer/posts/555894471112118
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's a post I posted on Facebook about the kinda things and changes being a Christian and how things aren't the same.
That's really to be desire. Actually the meaning of desire to me follows a list definitions like
-To long or hope for.
-To be used by God.
-The will of God.
-Giving life to serve God.
-Feeling near to God.
-Taking every step in obedience.
-Yearn for.
-Passion.
-Satisfaction.
And so on.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Compassion with me begins with serving and things like that is like working at soup kitchens, I'd love to help kids in anyway, and just help out in anyway.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So I can just see what's to happen. Although I can tell you that's the joy of taking the Bible study.
Now the one of the many things that needs work is probably my pride, that's because every time someone denies Christ I get flustered and rather cram religion down their throats and basically want to make them believe. So what comes with that is grace and how I need to extend it.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I think the best way to extend grace is asking someone if you can pray with them. I remember when I was at a Blue Bell picnic and Mike's daughter I had started to hang around with and I had prayed “God please let me minister to her” so then later I do and thank God. She asks the question, “do you really think that the world is going to end in 2012” as easy as no would've been to stay I didn't say that. So I ran to dad asking for his keys and then I ran back and started to explain while just not so sure of what to say but I used verses I learned some earlier in the year so it was good. But then later she talks to me about things in life so I ask, “do you want me to pray for you?” She wasn't sure but I did and man I think it's the best way of extending grace.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• But now I'm trying to minister to our neighbor Lexi. Certainly not easy being a crazy, obnoxious, pain in the but, energetic, and stubborn little girl. And let me tell you 12 year olds now oh my and not to mention she's not the same 12 year old I was, and thus I can't relate to her. I'm trying but I guess it's all gonna end because she thinks she's all that, like thinks the things she wears defines who you are, well I'm sorry not all of us have money to buy nice shirts and such, so we are also moving and thus I'll have friends that like me for who I am and won't use me like monkey bars.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So I guess I'm waiting to see what's going to happen with my Broken Heart Project because I'd love to earn the money to go on missions trips, collect Bibles to give, and probably other things. So Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment