Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Going To Be A Sleuth... It Appears As Though I need To Get Some Data

As you may know, over the past two weeks I have been really fidelity about reading my devotions' and I've never been more proud of myself for actually doing it. Now you may have heard me also mention about my prayer journal too. But now more then ever I feel both closer to God and the fact that He is undoubtedly preparing me for His will and what seams to be getting ready to tell me something big. Now I am going to try to be a good sleuth and put it to use by observing this situation.
This is a picture I took of a basset hound at the waddle dressed as
Sherlock Holmes
or in this case Sherlock Bones
My hypothesis' is that just maybe God is preparing me for His will as mentioned above, but something bigger and better then my most wild imagination; it could be moving, could be a way for Him to tell me to trust in Him more, and I can't even fathom what this could add up to as I get older. Or the best news would be all of them! Now, I have two logical explanations for theses "hypothesis'"

Reason Number One: "When he, the Spirt of truth, come, he will guide you into all truth. . . . taking what is mine and making it known to you" ~John 16:13-14
It was today's devotion talking about taking care of "baby Christians", and well I now wonder if that means me being a camp councilor like I've been praying, or could it be my neighbor Lexi finally coming to Christ and accepting Him as I too have prayed? Is it perhaps God saying to me, "Mel, I love you and I am taking care of you; don't worry". And my last guess is it saying anything about moving and that we (we as in collectively as a family need to trust God). Not sure but it's just a hypothesis.
Reason Number Two:
"When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them" ~John 10:4
Last week's devotion was above and when I say last week's I mean exactly last week's. Anyway, as it talked about God coming before us, well now that I look at it and still examining it I kinda think, "oh the irony..." well no nothing here was ironic, haphazard, nor random. So it was the same week dad was going to Virgina and preparing for it too. Now having realized God went before dad there and now dad is there doing what he does third best.. :)  Now having looked at the devotion again this quote caught me deep. Hard to believe, eh? Well here it goes, "We do not put ourselves fourth; we would rather stay. But it has to be. But Jesus `goes ahead.` He prepares the earthly as well as the heavenly places with us. He will be there when we get to the new place. He is not sending us away from Him, but only leading us fourth with His own gentle hand, saying 'Rise up, my love, and come away with me," Frances Havergal
Now that really triggered my thoughts of moving. Still it had made me wonder with Lexi, maybe that God is making room in Lexi's heart for Him, or still my very thought of being a camp councilor, and God leading me down to go that way. Or God just saying, "Me, I know you are week and anxious, but just trust me". Again it could be God over all saying "trust me.
Again I still don't know, that's why I labeled it as a hypothesis. But if it's neither of these things then I am going to be more confused and lost as ever.
Whereas to me moving is one of the few things I'm optimistic about and I think it practically ostensible. I know I am anxious and stoked to see what happens as I've mentioned before. I confess I'd rather say, "au revoir" when the time come opposed to getting ahead of myself over and over again. Thus, I apologize because by now you probably think I sound like a broken record.

No comments:

Post a Comment