Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mixed Weekend

Sorry I haven't posted since like last Saturday time has gotten away from me and my goodness is time just slipping through my hands like sand? So I apologize I wasn't anticipating on having you all wait that long for me to tell you everything.
So I guess I'll start with last Sunday, shall we? Well last Sunday I was doing camera duty and that was fun so I didn't have to worry about the passover and eating horseradish and bitter herbs, although I'll admit I could live off of Matza and grape juice just sayin'. Umm so I also got to hang out with some friends too. It was fun going to Caleb's house to play cards (even though card games and I do not get along I still had fun). We had went to go see Monster's INC. in 3D and Allegra mentioned how she forgot how good that movie was. Then chilled out at the church office and played Egyptian Rat Slap (probably the most stressful card game in existence) not going to explain because it to me is complicated and then all that other sort of youth stuff we do. I would tell you more but it just appears it would take to long.
Monday was very unproductive and so was the rest of my week so that's what you should pretty much know.Although I'll admit, Wednesday was Bible Study, I'm telling you I'm loving it! Even though it's pretty much Christianity 101 I'm still feeling it will help me learn leadership because if someone I'm talking to wants to ask questions I can actually simplify it without stuttering and not knowing what to say so we're covered. Although I'll admit God's mysterious ways of His timing... well actually not the first time BUT my point is today we had baptisms and we were talking about it at Bible study soo. Anyway I'll tell you of today, wasn't much to it but being Sunday, Easter, my friend getting baptised, and my sisters birthday it hasn't been all that exhilarating sorry well kinda not to be blunt. Yeah so got up walked the dogs and as usually last to find my basket. But we had a huge "potluck" like thingy (I know I'm so vague and use words like thingy) but oh food heaven. Ha ha sorry I love food, and people so that just made my day. Although I feel bad for Tyler, he wanted to play fish out of water and there were Easter eggs all over the place so we had to play on the swings. Ah yes, we are such children. So it was so weird before we were talking physics jokes. It's nice though got to talk to my friend Sophie I haven't seen her in a while, so get this she's a exchange student from Germany lucky me being German so we had good conversation and FINALLY someone knows my last name is German, but it's pretty "self explanatory" because Meyer is very popular in Germany and it turns out (from my the way I think) I still actually sound German (may not be as a legit sounding accent but close enough). :D

Now with all the scrambles of things going on I should have you know of some news that really goes two ways, so bear with me and don't get lost that is if I don't make any seance.
Well it's actually "good news" and may or may not eventually turn into "bad news".
So several times you've probably heard or saw me talking about dad and his job at Blue Bell (the devil of ice cream yes go ahead ask why) but the fact is dad is going to Richmond, Virgina and mom thinks he's going to get a promotion after a month after he leaves (now mom is against it and probably several others)        
Okay so I'll admit and tell you straight forward expect anytime within the next year to tell you "adiós" New Mexico (or if you really want me to say The Land of Enchantment). I laugh I told my friend Joy Howell that "nonsense" and she's like oh no you don't we'll stop you! I'm sorry but this is just seriously looking more and more likely.
So today I had told out newly founded "best friend" Travis that he's apart of the family and he really is don't get me wrong no sarcasm at all he took it and I think he's glad to be apart of our family (kinda like a weird older brother) anyway he sat with my mom and sitters since dad and I are "techies" it seams to work out alright. Gladly I will accept new family. Go ahead laugh it doesn't seam like something I wouldn't say I know especially since I had such a rough time switching between church families. Well let me tell you a funny story, we have our friends the Junglings who we used to go to church with and really good friends with. So while we were still between two places (very distant from everyone in my perspective) and we have the DerGregorians at the other church. So my sisters and I are one Sunday evening sitting on the couch at youth group and out of the blue Al asks, “hey do you guys know the Junglings?” (O-O <---- my face). And I say, “yeah we go to church with them the weeks we aren't here” then I ask how does he know Dan? Well turns out their college buddies and Mr.Jungling andMrs sung at his wedding. Then he said to tell them hi (well this was before I could pronounce DerGregorian) so I said Al says hi (to Junglings and Booths alike) and they are like Al who? Al DerGregorian? Yes I say then Mr.Jungling says call him Al Gregory see if he responds and so I try it. Boy did he stop in his tracks wondering how we knew I said Dan Jungling told us to call you that. (A total ROFL moment). Anyway then this past week I see on Facebook that they're on the same flight back from Denver!!! Then he tells me it's so of God then I guess he tells dad that Dan said he stole us and Al said God called them. My thinking is not literally but I said to someone earlier, you guys just got the Shepard's staff and poled us right in. Tee hee. Anyway so funny how that happens.

Last order of business. If I do not move across country I plan to hopefully start a woman's Bible study. Godspeed so yeah update you again when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment