Sunday, March 3, 2013

Three Days Later

Whew! I'm back and EXHAUSTED. It was such a great weekend yes, even the two emotional breakdowns that I had were good.
Well lets review the really awesome three day weekend I had.

Friday: We get there set up and wait around after we're done we all wanted to nap (really wish I would've). Then we have some chow, message (devotion), and it was overall really good. Ooh yes, we played, "honey if you love me" talk about laughing and awkwardness, poor Cameron couldn't stop laughing; he had it bad. I think it was just pretty dandy. The first breakdown happened during worship; the anxiety and guilt, then I heard God saying, "pray for Lexi, pray over Lexi and be her role model", so I say I need to talk to her and in a few minutes I broke down but it's all good.

Saturday: I get up to realize I was going to get up and shower and oh my goodness was it COLD! Talk about a short shower. Well I ate (not very much I might add), played a game with Dylan's squid, we had zombie names (kinda like up side the fruit basket) and I couldn't think of a name so I did Brian. Then we had a devotion then a "breakout session" that was more of overview and thoughts. Personally I felt like I talked too much. Ate lunch, after lunch we had a "surprise" I never did find out until it actually happened and it was our parents and a youth leader that wrote us a note showing how much they cared for us, mine was from Stephanie the "head leader" the first part is what caught me at surprise at how well she knew me and it says,
"Melody,
For having known you just a few months already, I feel I have learned so much about you. You have such a unique spirt. You are bold, straightforward, and far from timid. What has struck me most about you personality is the passion you exude in your faith life. I remember the first time we sat down for a one-on-one discussion, you handed me a list of your thinking points... no one does that! I found myself so encouraged that a young adult would, upon countering an issue of major stress and uncertainty, run at the problem Bible first."
^^^
That's so amazing for me because it's so hard to believe that someone has been more inclined to hearing me and I guess it really shouldn't especially since many people (more of adults) have been encouraged by my and even saying so.
Anyway, after this we go to either read our Bibles (reflecting time) or talk to an adult, I thought to talk to Stephanie, but I thought Lexi wanted to so I walked off for awhile, and hello who do we have hear with the camera? Lovely Mrs.Miller, she wants to take my picture (and we all know I'm not really photogenic) she says, "oh sure you are!" So she takes some pictures of me and thus it began. I told her of the anxiety, stress, fear and just what's been in my head lately (15 minutes is not enough). So I literally try not to break out in tears <------ well it didn't last for like 5 minutes. I broke out tears of how leaving the old church and how it's really not been easy, she comforts me and unbelievably the way she knows me! I was just blown away, obviously another noticeable thing is I am not patient and everyone apparently knows this. She says to me and knowingly says, "I know it's hard for you because you got your foot in the door of being a leader, yet you are still young enough to be a student." I think that just cleared up what I might be doing a bit later in life and that includes being apart of youth leadership. (This makes perfect seance). So after she asks if she can pray for me, I nod my head trying to calm down and get it together. Then games come Lexi asks if I'm alright... long story short she wouldn't understand. So we go on play our games, lesson, breakout session -or overview and then (start to play dramatic music) we have our guy/girl separate activity. The part where I get to wear a dress (no Cole wasn't there so 'twas less awkward) and while in the process Melinda wants to do my hair and make up. She asks if I trust her then says trust me, I joke around to say my mom says don't trust anyone who says trust me. But I accept since it was "just for fun". We talk and have good conversation and gladly I am not alone fighting anxiety! <---- Alas bitter sweat but mostly good. Anyway dinner comes good and tasty.
But then we just play and I'm happy because I actually went to bed an hour earlier then I did the night before. Yay!

Sunday: Alas time to come home... well really would've love to stay long because there was much less distractions and time to think and oh, yes indeed too worship. So I swapped cars then on the way there and singing songs on the radio (no not Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman or even Casting Crowns) stuff like hip-hop or if you will more worldly. But we were singing -and screaming- Taylor Swift I Knew You Were Trouble (goat version) Obviously us teenagers have no life because we're singing to Taylor Swift. But overall good week with being exhausted and a food coma.
So now to an actual hot shower and anything else the afternoon holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment