Friday, May 3, 2013

Impassioned Impatiences

Ever have something that just gets your heart racing? Something that inspires you to get up and do something? Have you ever been so anxious over the future? Or have you ever been just so in over your head about some ideas or thought on where God will have you? Well if any of the above are you then let me be the first to say, "we have something in common" although if it's just enough to get you over your head then you know your going crazy over the idea. So from seeing the picture above it tells my passion and I can tell you that it is perhaps the biggest thing in my life that I love to do and just the fact that if you talk about it I'm all fired up even for being on one mission trip I'm still crazy about the idea. But as of now I'm just going down right insane because I want to go on a missions trip, but it's weird because it's not as bad as a want as it was 7-9 months ago. Don't be alarmed at this. Why? Well because... since I started going to Cottonwood I've been fine and I am a bit confused because all I'm doing is setting up, tearing down, talking to people, and I'm supposedly doing cameras even though I've only done it twice. I don't know it's a bit odd really. Still I want to know how has this improved my ministry out reach? No answer yet and I'm debating weather or not I should expect one, but I really have no need for one, well not for this question anyway.
To be honest and to my surprise I'm not irritated by this fact at all, I guess as long as I'm serving God I'm perfectly joyful. Okay so my rather large point I guess it's more of a part two of what I was trying to get at here and this post should have I guess more of the impatiences part and where it really becomes more of a passion, especially while I wait, I guess it'll all explode and/or exude all over the place and there will be no cleaning it up. Actually if someone cleans it up they better be taking over. ;) Just messing with you guys.
So I kinda wanted to tell you more about Camp Crestridge and I'm sure it won't be my last mention of this camp because it's where I feel God is leading me, thus the leadership, discipleship, fellowship, and other things that I can't think of off the top of my head or just haven't realized yet I dunno.
I guess now my explanation that might be quite elaborate, so let's start with how I got to this point shall we?
It was Summer of 2012, my friends had spent the summer in Gloritea , I thought "hey, that would be so cool working at a summer camp making new friends", knowing me that really should be nothing new, but as I began my search sometime in either November or earlier, but anyway, I thought to move to Texas.... Yes I really and truly said Texas, but long story short God had different plans. Now I had a list of summer camps that I emailed to myself, then I looked at Crestridge, well at first I was a bit discouraged when I found out it was in North Carolina because I guess the general idea was to stay close to family and yet I still don't know what the deal is, but I guess I'll have to wait.... and I thought of this song

Really to me the song is a convicting message because I really think that's what God is trying to tell me, "He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
-Psalm 46:9-10

Basically just to settle down and wait. I can't begin to tell you how hard that is for me.
Really it's been really difficult to learn and I confess, I know I need to learn this. Waiting has never been so hard, I think of
 Habakkuk 3:16-19,
"I heard and my heart pounded,
my lips quivered at the sound;
decay crept into my bones,
and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity
to come on the nation invading us.
 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments."
To tell you the truth other then it being a convicting subject it's also a very humbling and eye opening experience. I can certainly tell God is at work in my life and yeah it's painful to change but it's all for God's glory and my good; what better could I ask for?
Psalm 62:5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him."

So from here I'll let you know how it goes and how me learning patience and or anything else that goes on. Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment