Friday, May 31, 2013

What Does it Mean to Trust God?

Time after time I think of what it means to trust God? Well given the evidence of my many blog post about trusting in God, I'd say it's proven to be that that trust and patience are among my weaknesses.
In my reasoning I found it a good idea to be a sleuth again, especially after last night, and I only say that because I started to have anxiety at 9 o'clock at night, on Wendnesday night. Well, 15 minutes passed and I had opened up my devotional "Closer Walk" since I've been neglecting it over the past few mornings, and as I go through-out reading them, I eventually find myself copying a few of the quotes. When time had passed maybe about 10 minutes, I caught myself thinking of how these quotes affiliated with both my ambitions and lack of trust alike. Now if you've been following this blog, talking to me, catching up with me now and then, or have known me for a while, you probably know my ambitions and goals to first become a camp councilor and later a missionary (recently been thinking to serve as missionary in England), but as mentioned, I'm failing to trust God with the plans He has given me or entrusted His will in me to do it. The thought of quotes had me thinking of some of my own, and not just any random chatter on Facebook either, no, rather they were quotes I put on Facebook when I was 14, and there was a number of them, but I won't get to them all today. Anyway, that one quote that got to me at this stage in my life read, "a true function is trust." And now my thoughts, other then "oh my goodness, you got to be kiding me!"
The break down of the indivual words:
  • - "A" meaning one; complete, or whole.
  • -"True" faithful or loyal.
  • - (This one I got from Merriam Webster Dictionary) "Latin function-, functio performance, from fungi to perform. . ."
  • - "Trust" to have faith in; to have hope in someone.
  • What this means to me 2 years later:
To have a complete, fully committed (loyal) relationship, and whole heated trust in God. Just as Provebs 3:5-8 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."
Take a minute here anf take just a few notes on Solomon's wisdom in Proverbs:
  •  "Trust in the LORD with all your heart" just as I sid above, "to have a complete, fully committed (loyal) relationship, and whole hearted trust in God.
  • "and lean not on your own understanding;" short and simple, just as many people say "follow your heart", Jeremiah 19:7 says otherwise. "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"
  • "in all your ways submit to him,and he will make your paths straight." Well I think the apostle Paul has this one this one covered in Phillippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
  • "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." I just think of Psalms 23 for this one.
Now to answer my question, "what does it mean to trust God?" Well if you don't mind the length then it's going to be like a "mini post" I suppose, but it shouldn't take to long.

Time is Equivalent to Sand
As I had already written a rough draft Wednesday and it was actually short. But if you get the impression I'm getting annoyed then you've guessed correctly.
Seeing the fact that is actually been 6 years since I left Michigan to make the distance to New Mexico it's been worth the adventure, practially 4 and a half years following Christ, 4 years doing photography, 3 years since my first missions trip in Denver, 3 years since I last went camping (a fun family list of trips we did while still in Michigan), 2 years since I experienced the best summer camp of my life, 16 months since the first mentioning of moving (here I am today 10 months later approximatly all moved in to Albuquerque), 6 months since I left my old church, and 6 months of blogging. And lastly we have our list of things time has taught me. (19 or so diffirent things. bear with me I might be a bit vauge on some or repeat some.)
  1. Life is a grain of sand; don't take it for granted, make most of the time you have.
  2. You can always face challanges. Either it be raging storm, a daunting mountain, or even a step of faith.
  3. Radical is an expression of trusting God.
  4. Waiting produces fruit.
  5. Prayer is power.
  6. Time increases knowledge, patience,and thankfullness.
  7. Grace will grow like grass in the spring time.
  8. It's not about me.
  9. Changes happen by decisions.
  10. Experiences give perspective.
  11. Surrender is one of the fires that
  12. Confidence allows you to rise above your best.
  13. God has shown me the diversity of the body of Christ.
  14. Even through trials and tribulations God is good and He makes you more like His Son through them.
  15. That no matter what situation you may be in you still need to fight for joy.
  16. Never give up even if you know it's in God's hand.
  17. Don't get comfortable anywhere because God will move you to where you are uncomfortable. 
  18. His love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me.
  19. Even through trials and tribulations you MUST worship God.
  20. Through pain (spirtual, physical or emotional) you gotta have faith.
Believe it or not, these are things I have learned in both November and just this last Wednesday. (If you are at all thinking, "wow fast learner, eh?" Well I guess you could say that, either that or just assume it's God telling me straight forward. Actually I dont really know why it seams I realize these things quick.)

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
― Dr. Seuss


If you're at all curious about the quotes well I guess I'll post them tomrrow with the title "God's Will" and kinda throw a few other things like my comments and scripture. (Ah, procrastionation, got to love it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment