Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Press On (The Race of Life)

Lately I've been thinking about doing a 5k race or even a marathon and I though it would be cool to actually accomplish one. Well it's on my "bucket list" of things to do before I turn 40. Anyway I know it's a lot of work to accomplish something like that. You have to eat correctly, exercise, keep in good physical condition and lastly motivation. To think I have hardly any determination to do any of these things. I came across this quote. It was very helpful for the situation.
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." --Lou Holtz Norte Dame football coach
Then brings the question, "do I really want to do this?" I really do want to do this but I need to train and learn to do this that way I'm prepared. Same in our walk with Christ we can't be just hearers of the word we have to be doers also. (James 1:19-27) I thought I want to follow after Christ as I want to run a marathon, but in both we have to press on toward the goal so that we may win. Or as the apostle Paul puts it, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win." So I'm thinking do I want to lead on both my spiritual race and a marathon? I think it shows a great example is self discipline and I know at all times we need that so why not exercise it? Just as Paul says, "but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified." What a great reminder! So as I train I can think of my faith life and how to apply both to my life that way I can accomplish my goal of getting healthy and "I press on towards the goal for the prize of the upward call in Jesus Christ." So I guess now I will keep you updated in my training and everything through my Facebook page (To Follow Hard After Christ) and my twitter page @photographermel.

No comments:

Post a Comment