Thursday, July 11, 2013

Starts With Me? (Where I Go From Here)

About a month ago here I used a song to help out with my blog post to add perspective and that musical touch I don't usually add, but turns out it inspires my musings by allowing me to clear out my head and observe the situation in a thoughtful direction. (see what I mean by musings?)
Anyway, you may have seen the post last month about finding God's will, I assume you did or this post probably wouldn't be making much sense at all, and if you didn't I'm sorry but this one has a little bit more connection to that then any other related link I've done before.
However, if you have read the post from last month this is the official update to what's going on with that situation and maybe even more to come, but this gives me the perfect time to mention what you can expect next month, "Countdown From 10: What I Hope To See In The Next 10 Months", and don't worry I'll give you the updates on how I am doing with those "tasks" and so forth. But now today's post about new questions being raised, starting ministry, and what's the deal with me getting ahead of myself?

New Questions Being Raised?
"You must do some serious thinking about your ambitions and ask yourself, 'Is this ambition my master or servant?"
 -John White

"Does it make much sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today? How many momentous events in Scripture depend on person's seemingly small act of obedience! Rest assured: Do what God tells you to do now, and, depend upon it, you will be shown what to do next." -Elizabeth Elliot

As past posts have made it clear I'm not a fan of waiting and all  that time I was asking, "What does it mean to trust God?" Eureka! But I've had the answer for quite a while now. My answer on what does it mean to trust God? It means to wait on God with patience and perseverance as Romans 8:25 says, "But if we look forward to something we don't have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently." (NLT)
Even as I ask myself other questions like why does God have me here in this place at the time? Or how is this going to benefit or help me in future events?
To be honest all I know it's just God telling me to trust Him.
With the epic conclusion to wrap that up it means to have faith in the unknown and wait; meaning I have a lot to learn.
Now the other questions;

"What can I do to leave a legacy? How can I speak with authority When I can’t see You, I can’t see You How can I know the dreams You have for me?
How do I believe beyond what I have seen?" -Tim Timmons

Quite frankly thinking of  leaving a legacy I think of camp Crestridge because in the promo for Crestrige and Ridgecrest it says, "Join the legacy" and thinking what I'm thinking it must show some sort of significants or I'm just getting ahead of myself, but we'll get there in a minute. So my answer might be when I send in the application for camp Crestridge or in recent thoughts any summer camp.
How about authority? Ooh tough one I must say, actually despite the fact I'm the eldest doesn't exactly mean or scream authority, but since the good news has been official to announce that my parents are planning on adopting on a little girl from Haiti, so you can pray for that. However my answer is yes waiting to send applications to be a camp councilor or in starting ministry soon.
When I can't see God? Short and simple: Still on earth and still waiting, most of all I have to trust God. Knowing dreams and believe what I have seen? Dreams are easy; my answer
"God surpasses our dreams when we reach past our personal plans and agenda to grab the hand of Christ and walk the path He chose for us. He is obligated to keep us dissatisfied until we come to Him and His plan for complete satisfaction."
-Beth Moore
Through out the past few months I've wondered about God's will, wondered what it means to trust God? And recently I've realized that your dreams can come true when you trust in God.
“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him”
-John Piper
It's also really cool to see God's work in my life though godly desires and being able to see His work is in my life through all my plans, ambitions, and goals.
"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. What a man desires is unfailing love; better to be poor than a liar. The fear of the LORD leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble."
-Proverbs 19:20-23"
Generally the question being asked is why haven't I trusted God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11?
 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Starting Ministry! 1 Timothy 4:12
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."
 Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do,    and he will establish your plans."
This section is going to be really short basically I'm taking on a new role to start my training to help with youth group. I'll let you know more as I'm father along.


What's The Deal With Me Getting Ahead Of Myself?
Philippians 4:6

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

It's a work in progress hopefully that will change, but the big deal is really learning to trust in God throughout this entire situation of all what I am waiting to see what God will do with my life.

So yes it starts with me!
" You're my revival song, You start where I belong
On my knees, on my knees
When I am weak or strong You meet me here
When I'm on my knees, on my knees
Oh, it starts with me

Why do I try to work outside of You?
Knocking down doors I should be going through
But I'm so tired, I'm so tired
You take my burdens off of my shoulders
You break the lies that hold me back
I'm not sure enough

I really wanna change the world
I really wanna sing Your song
But I know revival's got to start with me
I really wanna change the world
I really wanna sing Your song
But I know revival's got to start with me"

-Tim Timmons "Starts With Me"




 


No comments:

Post a Comment